Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Senior Year

    
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not rely on your own understanding;
think about Him in all your ways,
and He will guide you on the right paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (HCSB)


     This is the biggest change and yet the most stressful time of your high school career. I am in the midst of it. Everyone has either been through it or will be going through it at one point in your year. The main battle is senioritis. Senioritis is defined as a supposed affliction of students in their final year of high school or college, characterized by a decline in motivation or performance. At this point in high school, you are tired and exhausted of school, teachers, and rules. Senioritis usually hits the hardest in the second semester because you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Procrastination sets in as well.
     "What are you going to do with the rest of your life? Where do you want to go to college?"You will hear these questions all throughout your last two years of college. I have become annoyed with these repeating questions. You hear these questions from everyone who knows you are a junior or senior in high school. For college, I will be taking the cheap route. I will be attending Chattahoochee Technical College for my first two years of school to spend less money on the core classes you are required to take before you get into your major and/or minor. After the core classes are completed, I will transfer to either Kennesaw State University or the University of Georgia to being my major. My plan is to double major in Business and Meteorology. Also, I will attempt to minor in Marketing/Advertising and Sports Broadcasting.
     Many high school seniors want to go to college FAR away. However, I would prefer not to. To me, the reason why many college students leave the Christian faith is because they think they can do it on their own and lose that community of faith they grew up in. Also, many people who grew up in church do not have a REAL and AUTHENTIC faith of their own. They have been living off of their parent's faith and not of their own. My community of faith has been found within Passion City Church in the doorholder community. I have met some of the most amazing people as being a doorholder. The beauty of this community is that we have a common goal: to bring people in and show them the beauty of Christ through our service.
      Senior year may seem stressful, but it is one of the best times of your life. My challenge for my fellow classmates and those who are about to experience this is that at the end of the day God's will is sovereign over what we may seem is right, only He knows what the future will hold all we have to do is be patient and be still.



Proverbs 18:10, "The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
















No comments:

Post a Comment