Saturday, October 12, 2013

Why I am at Passion City Church?

    This particular question is asked every time someone asks me where I go to Church. I get the response of "really?" and "why?" many times. People think I am there because of Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill, etc. That is not the reason. I honestly not in any way have even heard of these people. Yes, I have heard Chris' and Kristian's music, but never once said, "Where do these men go to church in Atlanta?" For Pastor Giglio, the first time I heard his name was the day I asked if we could go down to Passion City.
    The first time I walked into 515 Garson Drive, I was in awe that the first people I met were in a cheerful mood. The church I came from, the greeters were the same as the previous week and they did not seem happy to be serving. These people come to find out were the doorholders of Passion City Church. When I walked in, I felt the Spirit of God on this place.
   I am at Passion City church because Jesus is the center of it all. Each and every gathering at 515, it is all about Jesus and the works He has done in people's lives. Churches today tend to get caught up in the monetary situation or political dynamic of the society, but not at Passion City. Only once, have I heard anything political, this came at the time of the 2012 Election. Louie came up and asked for the church to pray over the election. If Jesus is not the lead story at your church, then what is it?
   As a doorholder, I see the unforeseen side of how the church operates. Before each and every gathering, each team gathers in a circle and prays that Jesus be even more glorified and that each and every person that walks into the doors experience Jesus. I serve with some of the most amazing people at Passion City Church, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for our House.
   Passion City Church is family. Family is something I never really experienced at my previous church. Each and every one of us who call this place "home", are grateful for the vision God placed in Louie's heart to start a church. We are a small tribe of people. Our heart is that you come experiencing Jesus. If you would like to visit Passion City Church, our gathering times are 10 am, 12:30 pm, and 5 pm. Bloom (nursery) is available all three gatherings, Passion Kids meets during the 10 and 12:30, and Passion Students meets at 3 pm in the Loading Dock. We have been expecting you and can't wait to see you.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment