Sunday, August 3, 2014

A New Beginning

      

Isaiah 41:10So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 John 4:18There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 Peter 3:13-14Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?  But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened."
1 Chronicles 28:20David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished.


    A new school year is about to begin for many this next week. For me, I still have two more weeks until classes begin. If you are still in High School, press on! It will get better. Going into freshman year of college, many opportunities and things are about to change. Over the past week, I have been overcome with a spirit of depression. Why? Because everything that I once knew will be gone and new friendships and activities will commence. 
     What will change? For me, the community I have built with people within Students will be gone. As everyone goes their different ways, Jesus remains constant. I am grateful that God has placed me with a great group of people to finish high school out with. Over this past summer, I have found two people that I can come clean to and tell all my problems to, and I know that I am being prayed for. 
     Growing up in a Christian school for majority of my life, I was able to have a Bible class everyday. During my high school years, havinIg Bible class replaced my own personal time with God. Over this past summer, I have struggled to dive into the Scripture, but over the past couple weeks, I have begun to dive into the word and do studies of the Word. This summer has been a time of searching. I no longer have someone "holding my hand" to read the Word, and tell me what I should know about God. The most important questions you can ask yourself is "Is what I believe what my parents forced me to believe or is this my own personal belief?" and "Do you believe  what you say believe is really real?" When you go off to college, you will be on your own, and if you do not have a firm standing on your beliefs, the winds of this world will carry you away like the sand. 
     Throughout my high school days, I was not the most active type of person. However, I did run Cross Country for two years and played tennis for 1 year. Even though I played those sports, I only did it for that season. After the season was over, I would go back to being a glutton. I Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV) states, "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." Health and fitness are crucial parts of our everyday life and walk with Christ. Over this summer, I have began to run, hike, and bike at least three days a week. Just recently, a gym membership was purchased. Once I learn some dumbbell and machine workouts, I will begin to use it even more than I have already. A friend told me just recently "We aren't watching our health and fitness more closely to add more years to our life, but add more LIFE to our years." Starting college will mark a new beginning in getting healthier and eating better to be a more effective witness for the sake of Christ.
    A new beginning brings out the fear. Fear has already been defeated by God. (If you are struggling with fear, I suggest you watch this talk called "Fear Must Fall" apart of the Goliath Must Fall series http://www.passioncitychurch.com/watch#PCC-072014-V2 ). There is nothing to fear if you are in Christ. I have nothing to fear about the new beginning, and I can't wait to see what God will do in and through my life.


May blessings and the peace of God be with you!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment